- Here on the homepage you can find all of the latest news, colour-coded by hospital site.
- Under the All News tab you can scroll through full articles.
- Under the Unity Health Toronto tab you can find all network-wide news, including all archived news for the network.
- Under the Providence, St. Joseph’s, and St. Michael’s tabs you can find news related to each hospital site, including all archived news for each site.
- Under the Events tab you can find a calendar with events from all three sites. You can select a hospital site as an “Event category” in the top left to only display events hosted at that site. Click on an event for more details. Also, if you click on the “+ OUTLOOK EXPORT” button you can even add the event directly to your Outlook calendar.
- Under the Kudos tab you can share kudos about a colleague and see all the amazing achievements happening around Unity Health Toronto, such as award wins, recent academic appointments and research discoveries.
- For questions or feedback on Twice a Week, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the challenging staffing situation created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve reached a point where we need to proceed with scheduling based on departments’ operational needs, to support the critical staffing requirements of their work areas and the organization’s overall redeployment plans. Please see how this will affect scheduling and vacation.
To help support our people during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have put together a list of sleeping accommodation options that are both on-site and off-site. Currently, these options are available for St. Joseph’s and St. Michael’s staff and physicians but we’re working on identifying similar options for Providence staff and physicians.
To protect the safety of our patients, staff and physicians while continuing to provide the best care experiences, we are consolidating ambulatory clinics at St. Michael’s into COVID-19 positive and negative spaces as of Monday, April 6, 2020.
Additional space being made available for COVID-19 patients in the St. Michael’s TNICU and Peter Gilgan Patient Care Tower
On April 6, the Trauma and Neurosurgery Intensive Care Unit will be moving from its current location in 9 CCN to the Ambulatory Post-Anesthesia Care Unit ( in 5 Donnelly. The extension for the TNICU will remain ext. 5816. The former TNICU space in 9 CCN will then become a COVID-19 dedicated ICU.
Wolters Kluwer, the company that manages the worldwide UpToDate clinical resource, is offering complimentary access to its product until the end of April 2020. This decision was made to help support clinicians working in the unfamiliar and rapidly changing COVID-19 environment.
Until further notice, N95 respirator fit testing at St. Joseph’s will only be available to staff and physicians who may be required to wear an N95 when entering a patient room, performing diagnostic or laboratory testing and caring for or transporting a patient under airborne and/or contact precautions.
Effective April 6, the outpatient pharmacy at St. Joseph’s will be closing an hour earlier each day. Modified hours of operation will be Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.